Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Christmas Card 2008

Sorry it is coming out a little bit blurry. You can click on it and enlarge it if you want. I can't figure out how to post a pdf instead of a jpeg. Anyone know? If you still can't read the text I will put it right here:

The Tyler & Shantelle Flake Family Christmas Letter 2008

Merry Christmas! 2008 has been a fun year for us. We wanted to give you a little update on what is going on with our family.

We had a new addition to our family this year; he was born on Valentine’s Day. We resisted the urge to name him Cupid, and settled with Austin Dennis (or Lil’ Pumpkin as Ty calls him). They are a super active pair, which keeps me very busy at home.

We are so blessed to live near both of our parents and two of Tyler’s brothers. We are never short of babysitters with all of the family around, nor are the kids short of attention! Ty is bewildered when people at the grocery store don’t gawk over him singing “Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star”. Since Ty turned two in August, he is pretty sure he’s got everything figured out. When I compliment him on something he has learned to do, he responds, "I teach you, Mama."

The other day his grandpa showed him a Charles Russell painting of a grizzly bear attacking a cowboy on a horse. The horse was bucking and the cowboy was almost to fall off. When grandpa said, "The cowboy will get hurt when he bangs his head on a rock!" Ty declared, "Then he'll say, 'I want my mommy."

This past year I have enjoyed playing volleyball several times a week. I play any chance I get whether it’s with friends, on a city league team, or in an outdoor tournament. In fact, the city league championship game is what sent me into labor with Austin. In October, I went to Indiana to see my sister, Samantha, play in the National Volleyball tournament for Southern Virginia University, where they placed third! It was especially fun to be with my parents and all three of my sisters.

Tyler is enjoying his job. He keeps busy with school as well. He is getting his MBA and is looking forward to graduation in the spring! He also really enjoys playing football with his cousins, and pick-up basketball.

The past year we have been on a few vacations as a family. One of our favorites was traveling back East with Tyler’s parents. We went to Virginia where they spoke at Southern Virginia University. We also went to Suzanne (my older sister) and Nelson’s new home, and had a lot of fun spending time with them. We spent a few days with Tyler’s sister Melinda in Baltimore, and on our way home we spent a night with Tyler’s brother Read in the Chicago area.

As I’m sure it does for you, the Christmas season heightens our awareness of the many blessings the Lord has blessed us with. We are so grateful for family and friends, and most of all for the gospel of Christ.

Love,
Tyler & Shantelle, Ty & Austin

6 comments:

samchristensen said...

cutest Christmas card EEEVER

Tiffani Warner said...

you have such a cute family. Merry Christmas!

Jordan and Emily said...

I love your card Shan. I need to get a program like that- you do such a good job. We're excited to see you soon.

the Lola Letters said...

Your card is amazing! I love your family pic.

Devin, April, Gavin and Drew said...

I wish I could've seen you while I was in Utah last week.. I love your family! It was fun getting to see some of you guys though! Hope you had a merry christmas!

abo-bder said...

فنى