Wednesday, March 11, 2009

House Changes

This is what we have been up to lately. We have had fun making some minor changes in our house. We decided to upgrade our huge TV and get a flat screen, not just because it was awesome but because it really opens up the room. Before we had a huge armoire, which took up a lot of room. Then we decided to paint an accent wall.

In order to have the TV on the wall and not have any cords hanging down, Tyler had the genius idea of changing the coat closet into shelves for the TV stuff and having the cords come through the wall. He figured out that there was nothing behind the coat closet wall so we knocked it out and he built these shelves with his dad. Not the most georgeous thing you've seen, but extremely functional! I love the extra storage space. Can you see the bottom how it goes all the way back under the stairs? That is going to be our new long term food storage. Tyler is still going to paint the molding and put up hooks on the sides for coats.

This is our new and improved room. We got this bedroom set from my Oates grandparents, who originally got it from my parents. We were excited to put it to good use. We had everything already in the room when we got the furniture and were so suprised how well everything matched. I got the bedspread when I went to India right before I was married. We matched the paint to the bedspread because I liked the colors so much.

4 comments:

Family History said...

I love it Shan!! It's always fun to rearrange, especially when it just makes life easier for you!

Brett and Lex said...

Looks like you have been VERY BUSY! Good job! :) Looks great!

Melinda said...

wow, amazing. beautiful.

Richard and Carlie said...

WOW! It looks FANTASTIC! You guys have been doing A LOT!! I saw on Suz's blog that you said you cut your hair! I want to see pics!