Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Happenins'

We have had quite an eventful week. We have had some highlights and low lights!

On Friday, Ty woke up acting really sick. Throughout the day, I noticed that he progressively had a harder time breathing. His chest and stomach would rise dramatically every time he would breathe. All he wanted to do was sit on the coach all day because it took so much effort to breathe. I took him to our pediatrician. They gave him several breathing treatments (which didn’t help) and x-rays. The doctor told us that it was serious enough that we needed to go to Primary Children’s Hospital right away to get the proper care. So…that is where we spent Friday night! It was the longest night of our lives. They diagnosed him with viral pneumonia. Trying to get a 2 year old to keep a tube in his nose, to wear a mask for his breathing treatments, and leashed up to monitor on his toe is absolutely impossible! We spent the entire 24 hours while we were there wrangling him. It was so hard seeing him go through it all. Phew. I am so glad it is over and that Ty is feeling much better now. Staying at the hospital for one night left me in awe of the families that have this as a lifestyle. I saw and met several parents with chronically ill children. It completely broke my heart.
It is so crazy to see Ty sick this past month, because it has been the first time he has been sick in his entire life. Hopefully he won’t catch anything else while his immune system is down still.
Here are some pictures that my mom happened to snap. Trust me I wasn’t even thinking about pictures and it was the last thing I wanted to be in. But here's to memories!
At the doctors office. That is a fake smile.
After one long night...



On a happier note we really enjoyed going to the Spanish Fork Rodeo! I had to get a family cowboy pictures with everyone in their cowboy boots! I think we are officially true Spanish Forkians’ Yee-haw!

Then the best thing that has happened lately is that we celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary! Time flies! I guess that really isn’t that long, but to me I can barely remember not being married. Here is a picture that I happened to have digitally. I don’t have any that the photographer took, on the computer. But this is one of my favs. I would give some really cheesy tribute to Tyler, but he would be too embarrassed and insist that I take it down.

10 comments:

Richard and Carlie said...

Congrats on the big 3! You guys are so cute! I'm sorry about Ty, I'm glad he's feeling better, that is scary!

Austin and Heather Kramer said...

You guys are troopers. Those pictures almost made me cry, poor kid. I can't even imagine! Thank goodness it's over!

Shelton and Bethany said...

Going to the hospital is traumatic for anyone, much less a little one. Way to make it through that. I'm petrified Mia will get sick one of these days. 'scuse me while I go knock on some wood.

Jordan and Emily said...

I am so glad that Ty is on the up and up. What a weird thing to catch- any ideas how he got it? The rodeo looks like fun- I love having a reason to dress up in a cowboy hat!

Becky said...

What a horrible night!! I'm glad it was just 1 night and I hope he's over being sick. On a better note, happy 3rd! :) Cute rodeo pictures.

Madelyn said...

First off...happy anniversary! I'm glad little Ty is getting better...that's scary. I was going to go to that rodeo with my family, but I was sick and couldn't :( Your little family pictures are darling!

Caitlyn said...

Shanny! Your family is so stinkin' cute! I am so happy for you! I am glad you found me on here! You guys are so cute! I hope you are so happy, you look happy!

Kadan, Trish, J, and Miles said...

Wow... what an eventful week! I'm so glad that your little Ty is doing well now, I can't even imagine going through that! I hope you guys are doing great, you are just the cutest little family ever!

Gus and Carolee Drake said...

Wow I'm so glad that Ty is okay! I can't even imagine trying to get Carlie to do the things that Ty had to go through. On a happier note it looks like you guys have a lot of fun with your little boys!

John and Diana said...

How sad for Ty! I hope he is feeling better and back to his old self. And congrats on #3!