Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Hiking with the girls...and Austin

This past weekend, my mom, sister and I decided to go on a hike up a canyon in Springville. It was so fun to spend time with each other and enjoy nature. We decided to repeat the hike, but next time go all the way over the mountain and end up at our house in Hobble Creek Canyon. Tyler is going to have to come to show us the way. I carried Austin in my sling and he slept the whole time, without making a peep. I did get pretty winded while carrying him though. I kept wondering, why it is harder to carry him now if he weighs much less than the weight I gained while pregnant? I guess the weight is just more evenly distributed when you are pregnant. I am so sad to lose Sammy when she goes off to college in Virginia, but I know she is going to love it there. Suz is going to have a blast with her. There is always a party when Sam is around!

3 comments:

Becky said...

so fun!! i need to go hiking again soon..it's been too long.

Treasures4u2Share said...

Looks like you had a great time together. I can't believe Sam will be going off to College! Wish her the best for me!!!
Love your new blog look--so cute!

EMILY said...

Hello Flake Family...i dont know if you remember me but i lived in the colony with Tyler and Troy. I found you through the Cahoon blog. I just wanted to say Hi so you dont think some random people are looking at your blog. You have a Cute fam!