Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Shantelle Sumsion Flake



Shantelle
-There are 1,520 people in the U.S. with the first name Shantelle.
-Statistically the 4019th most popular first name.
-More than 99.9 percent of people with the first name Shantelle are female.

Sumsion
-There are 425 people in the U.S. with the last name Sumsion.
-Statistically the 58869th most popular last name.

Flake
-There are 3,951 people in the U.S. with the last name Flake.
-Statistically the 8512th most popular last name.
-Famous people with the last name Flake:
Jeff Flake

Try out your name…go to this site. http://howmanyofme.com/search/

I am worried at the fact that only 99.9% of people named Shantelle are female. Ha. I also found out that there is no one else in the U.S. with my same full name. Good to know.

In Utah I tell people what my last name is and they just don’t get it. I literally have to say, “Flake, as in snowflake.” They can’t believe that my last name would really be Flake! Then of course the usual jokes come… When I first got engaged and people asked me what Tyler’s last name was, they just laughed. I personally really didn’t think it was that weird, maybe because we had 2 Flake families in my ward growing up.

But in reality Flake is actually the 8512th most popular last name in the U.S.! Okay, maybe that doesn’t mean much, but it could be worse. I recently talked to some people from Snowflake. They said that in every classroom there are at least 3 or 4 kids with the last name of Flake. Probably has something to do with it being in SnowFLAKE, AZ, but still it is proof that it isn't that unusual.

2 comments:

Kadan, Trish, J, and Miles said...

That's great! Congratulations on the popularity of your name. I typed in mine and it said I was the only one in the world named 'Kadan.' I'm alone in the universe and my name is obviously not popular :)

Daniel and Tiffany Dunn said...

Ha! that's good information! my mom would love that! you look really good! how's it with two?