Friday, February 6, 2009

Once there was a snowman...

Yesterday I refereed some basketball games for the Young Women. It was a very different experience, because although I have played I have never been the ref. It made me really appreciate professional refs and feel bad if I have ever given them a hard time. :) It is impossible to see everything, let alone even half the stuff. It did make me want to play basketball, though.
During the 3 hours I was gone, Tyler watched the kids. They made this great snowman. I was impressed with their creativity. They were really thinking outside the box. Cucumbers for the eyes and nose? Has this ever been done? I love the clothes pins for the ears.

Before a nap or bedtime he always has us tell a story and a song. For the past 6 months he chooses the song, "I am a Child of God" and a story about kittens getting hurt and wanting their mommy. But lately it is, "Once there was a snowman" and a story about Frosty.


3 comments:

Richard and Carlie said...

That is so funny! What creative boys you have! I have never seen cucumbers for the face before!

Melinda said...

That family picture is phenominal. I love the colors. You hardly look cold.

Brett and Lex said...

What a cute picture!! :)